We understand the difficulties involved with determining patient/caregiver eligibility, which is why we have made it easy for Massachusetts residents! Read through the list below to determine if you qualify as a patient and how to register.
Do you (or your patient) have at least one of the following debilitating diseases?
Positive Status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
Schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss your conditions and medical marijuana.
If your doctor cannot certify you, patients/caregivers can visit Massachusetts Patient Advocacy Alliance to view a list of physicians who may be able to recommend medical marijuana. Massachusetts is now allowing Telehealth consultations for new patients and renewels.
(Massachusetts Patient Advocacy Alliance is an exterior site that is provided as a resource and its views/opinions do not directly reflect those of Temescal Wellness and its values. You can access Massachusetts Patient Advocacy Alliance here.)
Your doctor's office will let you know what to bring to your first visit.You will have time to ask questions about medical marijuana and how it can best work for your needs.
At the end of your visit, your doctor will decide whether to certify you, and for how long.Your doctor will then initiate the registration process; you should receive an email with additional instructions.
Access the government-issued application forms at the Massachusetts Department of Health (DPH) website.You can view quick instructions on how to apply online or view the complete instructions via the mass.gov website.
Please print out and fill in our Patient Intake Form before your first visit to help expedite the process.
Before you register, make sure you have:
- Access to the internet
- Access to a scanner or a mobile phone or other device capable of uploading documents
- Your PIN number, as provided to you by your health care provider, and emailed to you by the Program, after you are certified
- Current valid form of identification (ID) or proof of residency (if you're not using a MA ID with a current address)
- Current photograph of yourself.
- Upload all necessary documentation to your computer
- Register with the Cannabis Industry Portal (CIP) - the state system that houses the MMJ online system (instructions are in the email you received)
- Register with the MMJ online system.Review & submit your application
You'll receive instant access to a temporary paper program ID card- print & use this until your official card arrives. You can go to a dispensary on the same day you recieve your temporary paper program id card.
Tips to Remember:
The MMJ Online System times out after 30 minutes of inactivity. You must carry your program ID card at all times while in possession of medical marijuana. Take note of your doctor’s certification date. It’s different than your annual registration with the state, and needs to be active in order for you to visit a dispensary.
Welcome to our new website!